|Responding To The Future of The Anime Review|
First off, I want to thank the many of you who have written to me over the past couple of months. I've received thirty or more letters of support, and many of them have told me exactly how The Anime Review has made an impact on your viewing habits -- and in a couple cases, even your lives! I'm so glad to know that the site is still useful to you. It's no small thing, at least not to me.
I do want to address a couple of misconceptions that have been stated along the way. Since more than one of you mentioned them, it's probably my fault that they came up, so here goes:
1. I'm not planning to stop writing. Writing is what I do -- in my chosen profession, in my free time, as a hobby. Nor do I plan to stop writing anime reviews, at least for the foreseeable future.
2. The central changes amount to these:
- More reviews of TV shows that take longer to watch;
- Hence, longer time between reviews;
- Reviews of material I expect to like, or at least have a personal interest in watching;
- A focus on older, forgotten material that I haven't yet seen to keep it in the public eye.
Something else that was mentioned by several of you is the old-style web layout. Indeed, the site's format has not changed in 13 years. That's an eternity by web standards. However, I have only seen a few modern layouts that would be as easy to navigate as the one I've got, and the simple fact is that every review I have is written and designed for the current one. With no funds to do a re-design and the reality that I'll probably do less than 20 updates a year now, the functional black layout is here to stay. Unless you have a better idea and the time and funds to make it happen, of course!
I'm looking forward to continue to serve the anime community in the future, and I look forward to hearing from all of you soon. Thanks for making my reviews a part of your viewing regime -- domo arigato gozaimasu!